Wednesday, September 24, 2008

LaNa Updates

I've been a bit MIA this past couple of weeks with big work events...however, I wanted to take a moment to send some LaNa updates!

Unfortunately, I didn't get a before picture of two chairs I recently recovered. Here is the chair with the new fabric and a close-up of the seat. I like how they turned out, but feel it's lacking some excitement. So, I'm going to paint the chairs a shiny black and will send after pics as soon as I've finished! (P.S. Robyn - that is the new carpet...not a great pic, but maybe gives you an idea?? I'll take another close-up for you.)


I've also been working on beautifying a desk that I purchased at the ReUse Center for $15 - what a bargain! I'm painting it a shiny white, but am having trouble with the top as the wood is soaking the paint and showing through. I think I have a solution and will post after pics if it all works out.





In addition to the desk, I'm also painting and recovering a chair I got on ebay for under $10. It will be a great set once I'm finished....




Lastly, I'll leave you with pics from my yummy dinner last night!! I made spaghetti...nothing too glamorous, but probably the best I've ever made!! I got a chance to use the last of my basil from my yard too!!

I also made a great side dish with some eggplant I had picked-up over the weekend at Farmer's Market. I improvised and it turned out YUMMY! Sauteed eggplant with a smoked red pepper pesto....


No comments: