Thursday, October 30, 2008

Gotta love casseroles!

I thought I would share this EASY and tasty recipe from a blog that I have been checking out frequently - Cocoa and Cheese.

The "Super Easy Hamburger Casserole" is just that - easy (my kind of recipe!). You can check out the original recipe on their site...although, I made some adjustments to try and make it a bit more low fat/low sodium. And, I started the meal with some yummy edamame!

Turkey Burger Casserole
6 oz. egg noodles
1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey
1 cup diced celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 can low sodium Tomato Soup
1 can low sodium/low fat Cream of Chicken condensed soup
1 can low sodium Cream of Mushroom condensed soup

Preheat oven to 350˚. Brown ground turkey, celery & onion until celery is tender and ground turkey is cooked through. Mix soup with turkey mixture. Cook egg noodles according to directions on the bag. Drain noodles and add to turkey mixture and pour into a casserole dish or baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes until golden and bubbly. Top with grated parmesan and serve immediately.
Enough leftovers to freeze and last me a bit!

1 comment:

LaNa said...

this casserole is much better the next day...yummy!!