Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's not a song I can't get out of my head...

it's a radio!

Check out this beauty (at least I think it is!) at a local thrift store. 



I *almost* bought it last week, but 1) James and I didn't think that it was practical (well, maybe more him than me!), 2) it is HEAVY, and 3) I didn't have $30 in cash on me and they didn't take plastic.  If they had, it might already be at LaNa!

Where would I put it?  I'm thinking in the basement that we plan to makeover VERY soon.  The speakers sound great, it tuned perfectly (and we were in a basement!), and I don't have a turntable for the 1 record I still own.  And, I'm convinced that vinyl is making a comeback as my friend Maureen in 8th grade is all about records!

What do you think?

2 comments:

Auds said...

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down.

Sounds like you gotta get it!!

LaNa said...

While I loved the idea, I decided to NOT get the radio. It weighed as much as a refrigerator and we just didn't know where we would put it. Plus, the turntable wasn't working - not that it couldn't be fixed, but all signs pointed to no on this one. Maybe something smaller will come around and just as retro!