Thursday, October 28, 2010

Trip to the Finger Lakes

I just back from a trip to the Finger Lake region in New York.  It was beautiful!  A fun road trip with my mom, wine tasting with family and friends, and beautiful scenery = fantastic!  Here are some pics from the journey and links to some of my favorite wineries we visited.


Shaw Vineyard - incredible wine!  I loved each one I tasted including the whites which is a big deal considering I lean towards reds every time.  Great atmosphere, laid back, and they frown on tour buses which I think makes the tasting experience more personal. 
J.R. Dill Winery - new winery on the lake owned and operated by a 27-year old!  How jealous I am!!!  Good wines too!
Penguin Bay Winery - loved the bubbly!
Rasta Ranch Vineyards - decent wine, LOVED the ambiance!  Felt like I was back on Haight Street!

My mom en route to wine country!
 
Beautiful sunset along a New York highway
 
Our cabin overlooking Seneca Lake, NY.

A little dark, but at our first winery of the day and very excited!

Beautiful fall colors

We stopped "wining" long enough to enjoy the tastes at the Finger Lakes Distillery.

A lovely merlot from Shaw Vineyard - one of my fave stops along the trail. 
Note: the lamp at the side was scored at an antique shop in Angelica, NY...a super cute village we discovered on the way home. 


No comments: