Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bean Soup

I made an AWESOME totally-from-scratch soup this week!  No recipe, just yummy ingredients!  I used northern beans, 2 garlic cloves, a package of frozen veges for soup (no seasoning), garlic powder, and a few pieces of leftover ham for flavoring.  The "secret" ingredient was my George's Mix from a restaurant down in NC.  I took a couple cups of the beans and put them in the blender to puree and then added to the pot.  This gave the soup a creamy consistency without cream.  After leaving the pot to simmer for an hour or so, viola!  YUMMY SOUP! 





And, for fun, I thought I would include a picture of the sunset the same night I made the soup.  I took it through the screened window in the diningroom, but you get the picture - INCREDIBLE! 



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: