Monday, December 21, 2009

What are your favorite holiday memories and/or continued traditions?

Given the time of year, I would love to hear your favorite memory, a family tradition, or a gift that you remember years later. 

I'll start!

My favorite memory would be Christmas celebrations with my sister, Robyn.  She would start the holiday with a stomach ache at my Dad's on Christmas eve...the excitement of the holiday, gifts, santa left her over stimulated!  She would then be the first to wake me on Christmas morning at our Mom's.  I remember waking to find her staring me in the eyes and saying "Are you up Laura?!"  We'd wake our Mom and the festivities would continue!

I have received several special gifts over the years, but the one that sticks out the most is a statue of a grey cat that looked like our "then" pet Fluffy.  Robyn gave me the statue and I still cherish it to this day. 

My favorite parts of the holidays now revolve around my 4-year-old niece.  I love to see the excitement in her eyes like I used to in her mommy's. 

I can't wait to hear from you on what memories and traditions make your holidays special!

xo

No comments: