Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fun Finds from the Reuse Center!

During lunch I stopped by one of my local haunts, the Reuse Center.  I've been on the lookout for over a year for lighting fixtures for my entry way and the hallway at the top of the second floor.  I was hoping to find something that feels high-end, but with a thrifty price tag and I think I may have found them today!!

To my surprise, I stumbled upon a handful of pendant fixtures by Venice Glass and handblown in Italy.  They came from a local lighting store - possibly a special order that wasn't claimed or overstock.  Typically they run $100+, but I got 2 at $12.50 each!  What a bargain!!!! 


They are clear glass shades with a white class inner shade and absolutely beautiful!  Now, I just need to make certain they will work in the space and not hang too low.  Stay tuned for an update on this fun project!

Oh, I also have been looking for a floor lamp.  Not too picky, but I haven't seemed to be able to find something that I loved or thought was worth an overhaul.  But, I also lucked out on this same shopping trip and scored a brass floor lamp in good condition for $7.50!!!  Of course, brass isn't my cup-of-tea, so I have plans to spray paint in the coming days.  Here is a before pic:

No comments: