Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Let's get squeaky clean!

I've been purchasing green, earth-friendly, and animal friendly products for a while now.  After finding some online "recipes" for cleaners made from items you probably already have at home, I've been mixing my own concoctions as of late.  In fact, I've highlighted some recipes here and here.

My floors are getting clean with good ol' vinegar and water.  Same with my countertops.  Mirrors are being cleaned with vinegar too.  I clean my tub and sinks with a concoction of baking soda and Dr. Bronner's Magic Pure Castile Classic Soap - peppermint is my go to scent (although there are many others on their website that I'm considering trying down the road). 

I love this company as they are fair trade, vegetable-based, made with organic oils, and are completely biodegradable!  Plus, your house will smell super fresh!  With 150 years behind the product this company is on to something!  And, if you haven't seen their labels, you are missing out on the HUNDREDS of uses for these products. 

For those of you with little ones, this article on natural cleaners and kids lending a hand is great!

And, if you have any four-legged family members, Dr. Bronner's castile soap in peppermint works as a great shampoo and deskunker!  In fact, I gave Gibson a bath the other night and used Dr. Bronner's and he smells fantastic!  Now, I just need to figure out how to get the wild dog smell out of LaNa!




No comments: